The Shropshire Squash Club summer leagues are once again fast approaching. This event will continue to be played on a Tuesday night; all teams wishing to enter must complete the summer league entry form and return it no later than Friday 11th May.
The first matches are planned to start late May/ early June depending on the level of entries. Demand is always strong for this league and, this year, once again, we plan to limit the number of teams to 14. The format of teams of 3 is tried and tested; we will also operate a staggered start time and continuous play scoring system. Court times start from 7:00pm (courts will allocated per individual match) with a view to making play continuous throughout the evening.
The competition fees will be as follows:
- £80 per team. Once teams have been allocated a summer league place I will forward payment instructions.
Due to restricted entries team places will be allocated on a first served basis so get your entry in as soon as possible. The finals will take place at the club’s Open Eve (Friday 31st August). We would like to keep all involved up-to-date throughout the season so when completing the entry form please let us know contact details for each player (i.e. email/ mobile – we might try a captain’s/ nominated player ‘wots app’ group!). Results/ playing schedule will be uploaded to the Shropshire SC website.
- Teams of 3, squad of 5 players maximum, with players seeded according to ability. Teams must adhere to this playing order or points will be withheld/ deducted.
- You can only be registered in one team.
- You can only play for one team per evening. If teams cannot field a compliment of three players they could use a ‘fill-in’ but if this is an unregistered player that match will be void and points awarded to other team.
- Players cannot play in the finals if they have not played at least 3 games during the league programme.
The bar will be manned each Tuesday with snacks and nibbles available. Please leave the completed score sheets with the organiser – the league table will be updated and uploaded weekly.
If anyone has any questions or needs any further information, please give me a ring. (07841125253)
The rules for the leagues are here.
Entry form is here